(April 10, 2017) At this year's Annual Meeting, two important items were voted on: the two open Co-Chair positions and changes to ITRC's Governance Document.
Tom Higgins of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency will serve in the two year Co-Chair role and Cherri Baysinger of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services will serve for one year as the acting Co-Chair. Also, the changes to ITRC's Governance Document passed.
With both Tom and Cherri previously serving on the Board, their old roles need to be filled. The Training Program Coordinator and Team Leader Liaison positions are now open as one year positions. Descriptions of both positions are as follows:
Training Program Coordinator
- State environmental agency (or related) employee responsible for the overall coordination of ITRC's Training Program.
- Ensures communication and information exchange between the Training Program and the ITRC Board of Advisors.
- Ensures that Technical Team training activities align with ITRC priorities and mission.
- Ensures the quality of ITRC training products and that these products identify and address regulatory issues.
Team Leader Liaison
- State environmental agency (or related) employee responsible for overseeing and coordinating the work of ITRC Technical Teams and ensuring that their activities align with ITRC priorities and mission; ensuring the quality of ITRC products; and ensuring that regulatory issues are identified and addressed.
- Ensures communication and information exchange among the Technical Team Leaders, Technical Teams, and the ITRC Board of Advisors.
Both positions are awarded an annual grant of $15,000 to the represented State, and both require commitment from current State management. If you or somebody you know are interested, please contact Patricia Reyes at (202) 266-4933 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The deadline is Tuesday, April 25th , 2017.