|Thanks for your interest in the ITRC Training Program. Frequently Asked Questions are listed below. Click on a question to view the answer.
ITRC Training Program
ITRC Classroom Training
- Where can I learn more about the ITRC classroom training courses?
- How much does a class cost?
- How do I sponsor a training class?
- How can I become a member of an ITRC team?
ITRC Internet-based Training
- How does ITRC Internet-based training work?
- Where can I learn more about the ITRC courses?
- Who develops ITRC training materials, and who are the trainers?
- What courses are being offered and when?
- How much does a class and/or archived offering cost?
- How do I register?
- What if I go to register and all registration space is filled?
- How do I participate with a large group?
- The class times do not fit my schedule. Can you reschedule?
- Will I be provided with a registration confirmation and instructions?
- Can I access the training materials and associated document(s) prior to the training?
- What happens if I register, but something comes up and I can’t attend?
- I can't find my registration confirmation. How can I join the class?
- What if I hear an echo when I am listening to the simulcast?
- How do I ask questions during the live training class?
- Can I get a list of registrants from the training class?
- Do you offer continuing education documentation or related credit?
- Can I use slides/content from the training in a presentation that I’m giving?
- How can I share my story about how I am using the ITRC training information?
ITRC Classroom Training
Q: Where can I learn more about the ITRC classroom training courses?
A: ITRC develops classroom training then offers the training course 3-4 times per year at locations across the United States. We expect to offer the class in various regions of the United States. As information becomes available, we update the ITRC Training page.
Q: How much does a class cost?
A: Costs for training classes is available on the specific class’s registration page. ITRC may offer scholarships and discounts for the following groups:
- For local, state, and federal government; students; and public/tribal/emeritus stakeholders, ITRC may have a limited number of scholarships available. Please check the registration page for more information including contact information to request a scholarship.
- ITRC offers discounts for employees of the ITRC Industry Affiliate Program (IAP) members. In the registration pages, there is an opportunity to select your IAP member company, and the appropriate discount is applied. To learn more about becoming an IAP member company, please visit the Industry Affiliate Program page.
- Course sponsors may receive a registration slot as part of sponsoring the class. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Q: How do I sponsor a training class?
A: Organizations interested in sponsoring future classroom training courses, please contact the ITRC Training Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How can I become a member of an ITRC team?
A:To find out more about ITRC membership, go to the ITRC Membership page.
ITRC Internet-based Training
Q: How does ITRC Internet-based training work?
A: ITRC Internet-based training classes are free and aim to reach a geographically diverse audience of regulators, consultants, and other members of the environmental community. Trainings are developed by ITRC technical teams. ITRC partners with the U.S.EPA Clean Up Information Network (Clu-In). .
There is no cost for you to participate, but you do need to register. Registration opens four to six weeks prior to the class. Registration is available from the ITRC Training page or directly at the Clu-in Live Web Events page. You may have to scroll down to find the class of interest.
Q: Where can I learn more about the ITRC courses?
A: You can visit the ITRC Training page to learn more. We open registration four to six weeks in advance of the class. There is no cost for you to participate but you do need to register. Registration will be available from the ITRC Training page or directly at the Clu-in Live Web page.
Q: Who develops ITRC training materials, and who are the trainers?
A: he curricula for training courses are primarily based on guidance document(s) developed by consensus-based ITRC technical teams made up of various sectors of the environmental community. Trainers are a mix of various perspectives of the original technical team – state and federal regulators, practitioners, academia, public stakeholders, and owners/operators. To learn more about ITRC, please visit the About ITRC page.
Q: What courses are being offered and when?
A:For the most current details and information for ITRC on-line training, go to the ITRC Training page. You can access an archive (view slides / listen) of a previous offering at the ITRC Internet-based training archives. Courses are listed in reverse chronological order. You may have to scroll down to find the course of interest. You can also access the document that serves as the basis for the training course at the ITRC Guidance Documents page.
Q: How much does a class and/or archived offering cost?
A: ITRC’s Internet-based training classes are sponsored by ITRC and EPA with no cost for the participant.
Q: How do I register?
A: All registrations are completed through an on-line system. To register, go to the ITRC Training page and locate the class of interest and click on the registration button.
Please note that times for ITRC's training classes are listed in the Eastern Time zone.
Q: What if I go to register and all registration space is filled?
A: You can add your name to the waiting list. When a registrant cancels, the next person on the waiting list receives the registration slot.
Q: How do I participate with a large group?
A: Only one registration is necessary for a group of people in the same location. We suggest you set-up a conference room and project the presentation slides on a screen via access through the website.
Q: The class times do not fit my schedule. Can you reschedule?
A: Generally, ITRC classes are scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Eastern time. You can access archives of ITRC Internet-based training courses by going to the ITRC Internet-based training archives.
Q: Will I be provided with a registration confirmation and instructions?
A: After successfully completing the online registration process, you will see a confirmation screen which is in a printable format for your convenience. You can save the confirmation screen which provides class details. We will also send you an email confirmation immediately after you register.
Q: Can I access the training materials and associated document(s) prior to the training?
A: Yes. Your registration confirmation includes the link to the training course website. On the course website, near the bottom of the page, the "Download Seminar For Future Reference" link allows you to download the presentation (including notes pages with additional detail). This presentation may be updated until one week prior to the training event.
Q: What happens if I register, but something comes up and I can’t attend?
A: If you decide you are not able to participate after you have registered, please let us know as soon as possible. If you are unable to cancel from the registration confirmation, please email the ITRC Training Program at email@example.com.
Q: I can't find my registration confirmation. How can I join the class?
A: You should have received an email confirmation immediately after you registered. Look for an email from the ITRC Training Program (firstname.lastname@example.org). This email may have been automatically routed to your "junk mail" folder. If you cannot find the information, please email the ITRC Training Program at email@example.com.
Q:What should I do if I have technical difficulties during the class?
A: Please use the Q&A Pod located within the class to report technical difficulties. The course host will be available to help you in the room.
Q: How do I ask questions during the online class?
A: Anyone is welcome to type in questions anytime during the training class. There is a Q&A that allows you to send questions to the trainers. Watch the Q&A pod, for a response from the trainers. The moderator also asks submitted questions out loud during the question-and-answer periods.
After the Internet-based Training Class
Q: Can I get a list of registrants from the training class?
Q: Do you offer continuing education documentation or related credit?
A: ITRC does not formally offer continuing education documentation or related credits. However, we know that many people are able to use ITRC's online training courses to help meet their continuing education needs. Please talk with your organization or appropriate licensing board for their requirements and if they will accept ITRC courses.
Certificate of Participation - We provide certificates of participation for people who attend the training, complete the feedback form, and check the box on the feedback form to certify they attended.
In some states, the ITRC state Point of Contact (POC) has been instrumental in helping attain continuing education credit for ITRC courses. Contact information for ITRC state POCs is available on the ITRC State Points of Contact page.
Q: Can I use slides/content from the training in a presentation that I’m giving?
A: If you would like to use ITRC materials in a presentation or publication, please view the ITRC Usage Policy to determine how it applies to you.
Q: How can I share my story about how I am using the ITRC training information?
A: It is important for ITRC to document the use and value of our tools and resources. Please provide us feedback on how you are using ITRC documents and training courses. To share your information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.