ITRC provides reimbursement to eligible members for their travel expenses to ITRC sponsored events including ITRC team meetings, conferences, and training, and to non-ITRC events to support ITRC outreach and partnership initiatives. Members from the following membership areas are eligible for reimbursement:
- State and local government employees,
- Tribal government representatives,
- Public and emeritus stakeholders, and
- Academia members.
All eligible members must receive pre-approval from ITRC and receive agency or supervisor approval to travel to an event before making travel arrangements.
ITRC will not reimburse you for your travel expenses if you fail to follow ITRC’s Travel Policy and Reimbursement Guidelines.
Pre-approvals for ITRC Sponsored Events
ITRC members must request and receive approval from ITRC Program Advisors in coordination with ITRC staff to be eligible for travel reimbursement and before they begin making travel arrangements to ITRC sponsored events. Instructions for requesting and receiving approval may differ for each event and will be provided by the team’s Program Advisor prior to the event.
Pre-approvals for non-ITRC Events
ITRC members must request and receive approval from the ITRC Director or other assigned ITRC staff to be eligible for travel reimbursement and before they begin making travel arrangements to non-ITRC events. Members should review ITRC’s Outreach Guidance and must complete our Outreach Request Form to request approval for travel and reimbursement.
TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
Members pre-approved for travel reimbursement must request and receive additional approval from ITRC staff in three specific travel situations identified below. ITRC has instructions for receiving travel approval from ITRC staff for each situation. ITRC staff approval must be received prior to making travel arrangements. Please submit formal requests, forms, and the required documentation to Carolyn Sistare (email@example.com).
- Airfare greater than $600 roundtrip. If your quoted non-refundable, roundtrip airfare is more than $600, email a copy of the airfare quote to Carolyn Sistare (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval.
- Extended Stays or Stopover Travel. ITRC members who travel before or after approved travel dates, and/or stopover at other locations prior to or after the event for non-ITRC business or personal travel must request and receive approval from ITRC staff.
- Private Vehicle Travel in Excess of 800 Miles Roundtrip. ITRC members using a personal vehicle must request and receive approval from ITRC staff.
ITRC will not reimburse your travel expenses if you fail to receive approval for airfare greater than $600 roundtrip, extended or stopover travel, and automobile travel over 800 miles roundtrip.
Please contact Carolyn Sistare (email@example.com), ITRC, if you have any questions about these requirements or for help completing these forms.